Animal services in Laval are provided by
Le Berger blanc.
Le Berger blanc is also mandated to advise residents and help them resolve problems related a nuisance involving
squirrels, froundhogs, skunks and raccoons.
Updated: August 11, 2020, 11 a.m.
Partial reopening of the Laval adoption centre by telephone appointment only.
For more information (in French)
Le Berger blanc offers the following services to residents:
- Examines, vaccinates, deworms, sterilizes and microchips all animals before adoption
- Make available for adoption lost animals that are not found, are in good physical health, and have no significant behavioural problems
- Collaborates with shelters in order to promote transfers and thus maximize adoptions
- Helps organize
2 adoption days pey year, in tandem with community organizations.
- Recovers any pet that is lost, wounded, sick or dead, or any animal that is no longer desired by its owner
- Captures lost animals, or collects them at a resident’s home upon request, and takes all the necessary measures to find the owner
Le Berger blanc
can refuse to euthanize a healthy animal at the request of a resident.