Back to normal - Power outages in Laval
Update : April 12th, 2019 at 1 p.m.
Update on the situation
- All Hydro-Québec customers in Laval currently have access to electricity following power outages caused by ice storms and numerous fallen trees.
As the situation progresses, services interruptions is updated on this page.
What to do after a power failure?
Safety tips & advice
- Check the battery in your
- If you have a combustion system or direct access to an indoor parking garage, a
carbon monoxide alarm must be installed
- When restarting your equipment and processes after a prolonged shutdown, be careful to ensure that they are working properly. If you notice smoke or a burning smell, call the fire department
- In case of emergency, call 9-1-1
Your food: what to throw away, what to keep?
- Following a power outage, it is important to carefully sort and select foods that have remained in the refrigerator and freezer, in order to avoid food poisoning.
MAPAQ website(in French) for more information
Claims and other damage
Help for companies and businesses
- Before officially reopening your business, make sure that your fire safety equipment is all in working order: fire alarm system, sprinkler systems, fire extinguishers, emergency lighting, emergency exits as well as the signs indicating the emergency exits
- The Service de sécurité incendie is ready and willing to assist companies and businesses in restoring the safety of their operations. Phone 311 to request such assistance
Trees affected by ice storms