The City of Laval aims to promote autonomy, home support and, in general, the support of individuals over 65 years of age who can thus, assuming they meet the admissibility criteria, benefit from a subsidy to bolster their support.
Boarders living in establishments recognised by the ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux (MSSS) or which comply with current municipal bylaws are entitled to the subsidy. In addition, individuals living in intergenerational housing or with immediate relatives are also admissible.
Explanation of the subsidy
All seniors aged 65 or over who live on Ville de Laval territory as a tenant or owner of a dwelling or housing unit serving as their main residence may receive the following grant—if they meet the eligibility criteria stipulated in
Bylaw L-12221 (French PDF, 181 kb).
The City is announcing the extension of financial assistance applications to help support people 65 years of age and older for the year 2019, for an indefinite period of time.
If you have not yet completed your 2019 application, please contact us by phone at 450 978-5700 or by email at
The deadline for the 2020 grant is April 30th 2021.
- $150 per dwelling, housing unit, complied establishments or intergenerational housing occupied by at least one person age 65 or over who is a tenant, owner or occupant OR
- $300 per dwelling, housing unit, complied establishments or intergenerational housing occupied by at least one person age 65 or over who is a tenant, owner or occupant and who receives the guaranteed income supplement from the Federal government in accordance with the Old Age Security Act.
Ville de Laval tax counter is open since September 8, 2020, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For any questions, please contact us by phone at 450-978-5700 or by email at the following address:firstname.lastname@example.org
To qualify for this financial assistance, residents must:
- Be 65 years old or over and live on Laval territory as of May 1st, 2020
- Be tenants, owners or occupants of a dwelling, housing unit, complied establishments or intergenerational housing located on Laval territory and use this dwelling, housing unit, complied establishments or intergenerational housing as their main residence
- Fill out the application for financial assistance and submit all required documents
Subsidy application procedure
If you benefited from a subsidy in 2019, a pre-filled form will be sent to you by mail the week of May 11, 2020 for the 2020 subsidy.
For people applying for the 1st time, a downloadable version of the 2019 subsity form is available below.
For people applying for the first time:
- Save the interactive form
Grant application to promote support for senior aged 65 and holder. Right-click on the link, then on "Save link as..." or "Save target as..." to download a copy.
- Open the form saved on your computer.
- Fill out the form and print it.
- Along with the form, you must enclose the following documents:
A copy of 2 pieces of identification, including:
- 1 that must indicate your name and date of birth (health insurance card, driving licence, birth certificate, etc.)
1 that must indicate your address, meaning a copy of a monthly bill (electricity, cable, phone, etc.) and including the month of May 2019. If you can't provide us with a monthly bill, please include a copy of your lease or the renewal letter that includes the month of May 2019.
If your application is for a $300 grant, you must enclose a copy of the T4A(OAS) slip provided by Canada Revenue Agency or confirmation of receipt of the guaranteed income supplement , issued by Employment and Social Development Canada.
If you are a tenant or occupant, you must include a statement certified by your owner confirming the period of occupancy of an eligible dwelling. Section B of the form includes this certified statement to be signed.
A City representative might require any other document in order to check compliance with the eligibility criteria of the grant program.
Incomplete applications will be returned to the grant applicant.