The City of Laval aims to promote autonomy, home support and, in general, the support of individuals over 65 years of age who can thus, assuming they meet the admissibility criteria, benefit from a subsidy to bolster their support.
Since May 1 2017, boarders living in establishments recognised by the ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux (MSSS) or which comply with current municipal bylaws are entitled to the subsidy. In addition, individuals living in intergenerational housing or with immediate relatives are also admissible.
Explanation of the subsidy
All seniors aged 65 or over who live on Ville de Laval territory as a tenant or owner of a dwelling or housing unit serving as their main residence may receive the following grant—if they meet the eligibility criteria stipulated in
Bylaw L-12221 (French PDF, 181 kb). The deadline for this grant is April 30 2019.
- $150 per dwelling, housing unit, complied establishments or intergenerational housing occupied by at least one person age 65 or over who is a tenant, owner or occupant OR
- $300 per dwelling, housing unit, complied establishments or intergenerational housing occupied by at least one person age 65 or over who is a tenant, owner or occupant and who receives the guaranteed income supplement from the Federal government in accordance with the Old Age Security Act.
To qualify for this financial assistance, residents must:
- be 65 years old or over and live on Laval territory as of May 1, 2018
- be tenants, owners or occupants of a dwelling, housing unit, complied establishments or intergenerational housing located on Laval territory and use this dwelling, housing unit, complied establishments or intergenerational housing as their main residence
- fill out the application for financial assistance and submit all required documents
Subsidy application procedure
For people applying for the first time, a downloadable version of the form is available below.
If you benefited from a subsidy in 2017, a pre-filled form has been sent to you by mail the week of May 28 for the subsidy of the current year.
For people applying for the first time:
- Save the interactive form
Grant application to promote support for seniors aged 65 and older (PDF, 56 Kb) on your computer. Right-click on the link, then on "Save link as..." or "Save target as..." to download a copy.
- Open the form saved on your computer.
- Fill out the form and print it.
- Along with the form, you must enclose the following documents:
A copy of 2 pieces of identification, including:
- one that must indicate your name and date of birth (health insurance card, driving licence, birth certificate, etc.)
one that must indicate your address, meaning a copy of a monthly bill (electricity, cable, phone, etc.) and including the month of May 2018. If you can't provide us with a monthly bill, please include a copy of your lease or the renewal letter that includes the month of May 2018.
- If your application is for a $300 grant, you must enclose a copy of the
T4A(OAS) slip provided by Canada Revenue Agency or confirmation of receipt of the guaranteed income supplement
, issued by Employment and Social Development Canada.
- If you are a tenant or occupant, you must include a statement certified by your owner confirming the period of occupancy of an eligible dwelling. Section B of the form includes this certified statement to be signed.
- Mail everything,
no later than April 30, 2019, to the adress that you see in the right column For more Information
A City representative might require any other document in order to check compliance with the eligibility criteria of the grant program.
Incomplete applications will be returned to the grant applicant.