Drinking water is a valuable resource that needs to be preserved. As such, a regulations is in force all year long.
Prohibited, at all time :
- Damage or leave in bad condition a water pipe, a swimming pool, an air conditioning or other piece of equipment so that water is wasted
- Use a hose without a spray gun
- Let the sprayed water run in the street or nearby properties
- Use a hose to melt the snow
- Use a hose to clean parking lots and sidewalks
- Use more than one hose per building
Offenders are liable to a fine ranging from $ 100 to $ 1,000.
Effective between May 15 and September 15
From 4:30 a.m. to 6 a.m., only on even-numbered dates
From 4:30 a.m. to 6 a.m. only on odd-numbered dates
Sprinkler system with timer
From 8 p.m. to midnight, only on even-numbered dates
From 8 p.m. to midnight, only on odd-numbered dates
Sprinkler system with no timer for lawns and gardens
At any hour of the day, only on even-numbered dates
At any hour of the day, only on odd-numbered dates
Sprinkler system with a trigger nozzle for watering plants and cleaning
|Anytime, at any hour of the day||Anytime, at any hour of the day|
Watering by Hand
Fees for a New Landscaping
Watering permits for new landscaping cost $26. It allows you to water at any time during 15 consecutive days. It is mandatory to obtain a watering permit for new landscaping. To request a permit, go to the Tax counter.
Filling the pool between May 15 and September 15
The filling and leveling of swimming pools are allowed every other day, depending on your address, no matter the time.
Newly installed pool
Refilling is permitted at all times, regardless of your address, day or time.