Urban planning department
The Service de l'urbanisme looks after the harmonious development of Laval territory to ensure efficient use and meet residents' needs. For this purpose, it:
- Oversees the application of urban planning and engineering by-laws, including the by-law concerning zoning (L-2000), the by-law concerning subdivisions (L-9500), the by-law concerning construction (L-9501), and the by-law concerning water service and sewer connections, drainage and stormwater management on private property (L-11870).
- Manages the issuance of construction, renovation, and subdivision permits (cadastre), as well as hookup, drainage and road encroachment permits, and occupancy and authorization certificates.
- Administers various programs in the municipality, and in particular, with regard to urban renovations and heritage protection
- Looks after naming public places (toponymy): streets, immovables, parks, etc.
- Oversees the implementation of the land use planning and development plan of the regional county municipality (MRC) of Laval, which establishes the guidelines for the physical organization of the territory
More information in French.